Picture Banner

WE, AS YOUTH, CAN AND WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOCIETY

Wednesday, July 14, 2010


Hello my name is Jordan I am 16 years old also I live in Wai'anae and I am currently with a program called Ka Makain Kaiaulu 'O Wai'anae.. Well I came to talk about not all but at least one of the problems happening in the community of Wai'anae and that problem is our homeless situation!!
because why do those that live on the beach or not in a sheltered home have to be treated so differently we're all people shouldn't they have just the same rights as those people with money or those on a more higher level well I think that no matter if you live in a 5 story mansion or a little tent on the beach everyone is a person so treat others as if there as high as you...
So on June 28, 2010 the group of teens all went down to rails where they were holding a homeless meeting with the city and state people about the homeless having to move and there were not able to go to any beaches on the Makaha side or any beach near them.. So everyone was like where are they to go?? with only one homeless shelter only able to house 300 and there is already homeless 300 homeless sheltered at the Wai'anae shelter maybe some aren't even homeless but what is it to them?? you tell me!! so yup that's my story of the community of Wai'anae where lots of people know this community as home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment